Saturday, July 4, 2009


Sept 20

Today we picked the last of the peanuts.  Howard boils them for two hours in the copper bottom Dutch oven with half a cup of salt.  This last bunch had fewer peanuts and we think it’s because they were planted in the shade of the okra.


There are noticeably fewer hummingbirds now.  The days are shorter---it’s dark by 7:30 and they’ve noticed.


The turnips have already sprouted and something was already eating our cabbage plants. The tomatoes are hardly producing and I think their days are counted.  The potted plants still look happy outside. I fertilized them on the 18th with some new stuff I got and I’m waiting to see if I notice the difference.


I made a veggie medley from okra, green beans, and black-eyed peas and froze three bags of it.  Right now I couldn't stand to eat another okra but I hope we’ll feel differently in a few months.


No comments:

Post a Comment