Saturday, July 18, 2009


July 18

We've discovered that when you have about 300 peaches inside your refrigerator, there's not much room for anything else.

So there's no putting it off----we've got to get those peaches in bags and in the freezer.

We got all our supplies ready and set up an assembly line: Howard boiled and peeled the peaches, and then I chopped and packed them in bags.

After two hours, we were both positive that we hated peaches, but we finally finished.

There were two options----pack them in juice or in sugar syrup. Online sources recommended sugar because it kept them "plump" but personally I think this method would also keep me plump, so I sprinkled Fruit Fresh on them to keep them from browning and then packed them in their own juice plus some apple juice.

I hope they're okay!! If this works, we can do the same next year, but we won't know until we defrost them and taste them.

I already made a cobbler with some of the reject peaches that didn't get frozen, and it was delicious!


1 comment:

  1. I've heard of not bruising the fruit but what's with the bruise on your arm??

    ReplyDelete