Saturday, July 4, 2009




2009


January 9


Yesterday we went to Elephant Butte just to do a little fishing and run the boat around the lake for a while.  It was a beautiful day----slight breeze, warm w/ lots of sun.  The water temp was 48-49 degrees.  We went out to a cove right next to Kettle Top.  We picked one spot first between the mainland and a small island, but even after about 45 minutes, hadn’t had any luck at all.  So one of us (I’m not mentioning names) who advocates moving when THERE AREN’T ANY FISH, suggested moving along the shore. Howard was trolling w/ some poor worm and casting w/ various lures.  I was trolling w/ the small broke-back minnow by Rapela that’s a medium diver.  We’d just pulled up next to a roped off area w/ some water-circulating type gizmo when I started to reel in.........wait......Howard, am I hung on something??


Well, as it turned out, I had a white bass on the end of my line.  God only knows how long he’d been hanging there.....He was nice size and made for a good Kodak moment, then we tossed him back.


The boat ran beautifully, but on the way back we heard a beeping.  It was the oil injection tank running low. Howard added a little oil and everything was fine again.


The fireplace project is done! It looks beautiful!  Picking the color was a bit of a bitch----i couldn’t make up my mind.  But we (I) finally settled on the chocolate brown that’s in the chairs---it looks warm and rich.  I had to paint the middle section twice because I accidentally put some watered down paint sections, but a double coat was good anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment