Saturday, July 4, 2009

October 2


Well, Howard planted some more turnip seeds a couple of days ago since there was a huge bald spot in the middle of the sprouts.  With any luck they’ll come up nicely. The cabbage is growing and so is the lettuce.  I hope the kale likes the southwest!


I cooked and bagged another two bags of okra yesterday.  Unbelievably, I even ate a couple for dinner.  On the plus side, I can see that the plants are winding down; they’re losing their leaves and looking spindly and weedy.  The tomatoes look like they’re on their way out too.


Some of the older Marigolds are dying, but the younger ones still look good and are blooming.  They definitely have a life span; I hope they come back on their own next year---we’ll see.  I’ve certainly scattered enough seeds everywhere!


The hostas look terrible for the most part, even the little bit of morning sun they get is too much.  However, the caladium look fine and should return.  I cut all the coleus down and they’ve already grown back and look good.  My mom’s plant looks happy w/ lots of little sprouts.  It only likes a little bit of sun in the mornings.


Howard’s finally over his horrible cold---it only took two weeks and three different kinds of drugs........ Final diagnosis:  bronchitis.


No comments:

Post a Comment