Saturday, July 18, 2009


July 15

Julie's here visiting, but the garden takes no prisoners, so I went outside a while ago to see how everything was doing.

As I passed the peach tree, what should I find but two finches trapped inside the net around the tree. They'd obviously figured out how to get INSIDE the net to eat the peaches, but I guess their escape plan was still a work in progress....

They were panic-stricken but I managed to grab them and get them out. I went back inside, then came out a while later. Guess what??? Yes, another set of finches......also panic-stricken.

Did I want to do this all day long??? No............. So Julie and I went out, took off the net, and started picking peaches. Did I mention there were millions?? Did I mention it was already 100 degrees in the shade??

We brought them inside and put them on the counter under the telescope.

I knew I was just postponing the inevitable, but I didn't even want to think about the boiling and the peeling and the chopping that was awaiting me............



No comments:

Post a Comment