Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In trolling through previous photos to find this week's firings, I thought I would post some other pieces as well.

This plate was a gift to Julie, my best buddy.  The bottom is made from a sink strainer I spotted at Bath & Body......... the green matches the green in her house perfectly!




I like this piece because it has a retro sort of look to it.......... I used oleander leaves as imprints for the leaves.  It was also my first try at making my pieces thicker and I immediately liked the difference.



This piece has not been glazed yet (fear is the major reason behind this) but it has a funny story behind it.  The cruddy looking doormat piece next to it provided the beautiful geometric pattern----I found it laying next to the road in the dirt as Howard and I went on one of our walks around the neighborhood.



The last piece is the wall hanging I made for Dionne and Jared when they got married.  Thankfully I learned about Stroke & Coat glaze BEFORE I wrote their names on the already-glazed background.  The stick was a lucky find from school..........


















No comments:

Post a Comment