Monday, November 11, 2013

Well, I have been waiting with bated breath for Dave to call me back with news of my pottery.  I took him four pieces ----each unique in its own way and I was anxious to see how the new glazes and new clay looked.

Wow!  I am so thrilled ----- while others might not think they're so fantastic, I am proud because I started from such humble beginnings and I can finally see my growth.


I call this my door mat piece because I found it laying next to the road where Howard and I walk.  Here it is after glazing:



You can't see it in the photo, but the colors bled(?) but in a good way and the center is a wonderful toasty color.

I threw all kinds of colors together for this piece, but I think they look good together....... small flaw:  small drop of pink fell on the cinnamon color and I glazed over it, but it shows nonetheless......Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ..................always something!



This piece was a clear example of my inexperience:  I put all these little circles on the clay with painter's tape and cheerfully glazed over all of them..........then I couldn't find them.......:)) I kept thinking I'd missed some........unfortunately, I was right.




This last piece is beautiful but the photo just doesn't do it justice..........however, after I got it home, I discovered it has a crack.  I think the clay was just too thin up by the leaves.


Pottery can be frustrating at times, however, no frustration makes up for the exhilaration I feel when I have finished a piece and I'm happy with how it turned out.  Creating something from a lump of clay with my own two hands and armed with nothing but my imagination and creativity is indescribable........... I know because I tried to come up with a word or words and there were none.






No comments:

Post a Comment