Tuesday, August 4, 2009


Well everything is growing like crazy. The green beans have finally started producing----they've been a solid wall of green for some time but with few green beans. I think (as opposed to Howard thinks) that the plants just weren't mature yet.

The okra have gone nuts (of course) and are producing giants every day. Ironically, bigger is not better in the world of okra, so we have to keep a close eye on them since they easily can grow an inch a day.

As you can see, the cantaloupe are now ripe. Okay, I'll admit it.............there's a little wishful thinking going on there.............

They were absolutely delicious! Nothing you buy in a store can rival the taste of stuff fresh from the garden. The cantaloupe vine has taken over the area next to the small flower bed and, as with last year, I know those #$%@ weeds are busy spreading under the cantaloupe vines, but I guess I'll
pull a Scarlett O'Hara and worry about it tomorrow..........

FYI: That bag next to me was full of okra, green beans, limas, and tomatoes.



No comments:

Post a Comment